The Audit Process and Special Audit
What is an Audit and What is the Audit Process?
- Firstly, on a positive recommendation, the certificate start date coincides with the date when the certification decision was made.
- Secondly, if any alterations are made to the certificate at a later date, these are recorded in the date of revision.
- Thirdly, all certificates are valid for a 3 year period, expiring three years after the date of the last day of the initial successful audit.
Expanding and reducing scopes –
Independent European Certification Malaysia will in response to an application for extension/reduction to scope of a certification already granted, undertake a review of the application and the Certification/Deputy Manager using the contract review form decide the necessary audit activities either as a partial assessment covering the scope extension/reduction areas only (this may be carried out as part of a surveillance visit) or a full re-assessment.
Short Notice Audits
- Independent European Certification Malaysia describe and make known in advance to the certified clients the conditions under which such audits will be conducted;
- Independent European Certification Malaysia will exercise additional care in the assignment of the audit team because of the lack of opportunity for the client to object to audit team members.
Suspending, withdrawing or reducing the scope of certification
- The client has persistently or seriously failed to meet certification requirements, including requirements for the effectiveness of the management system.
- The certified client does not allow surveillance or recertification audits to be conducted at the required frequencies.
- The certified client has voluntarily requested a suspension.